Australian Open 2014 is pleased to annouce the arrival of two of its most popular mobile apps for the first Grand Slam of the year.
Developed by IBM, the official Australian Open iPhone and Android apps are now available for download free of charge.
Each include new features and fan favourites such as live point-by-point scoring updates and completed match results from Melbourne Park. The apps provide scheduling information with completed draws and match ups as soon as they have been released by tournament control.
Last year, the apps attracted more than a combined one million downloads as fans continued to keep Grand Slam tennis close at hand.
New to the apps in 2014 are:
- A completely redesigned homepage allowing fans to view a chronological timeline of news, photos and videos LIVE as it happens throughout the tournament.
- Player biographies and alerts from the Australian Open.
- Latest news updates from the tournament throughout the day.
- Photo coverage capturing all the colour and action from on and off court.
- On-demand video highlights, features, player interviews, exclusive behind the scene action from the tournament.
- Live ball-by-ball AO Radio coverage with a team of leading international tennis broadcasters.
- A fan's guide to the Australian Open. • Push alerts that give fans breaking news, special offers and player updates.
- Access to Kia Greatest Fan photo and video competition for the chance to win the ultimate prize of a Kia Soul and many other treasures along the way.
Fans can download the iPhone app by visiting iTunes or the App Store for Android. This year the Australian Open will also have a comprehensive, player-focused iPad app developed by IBM, and available free of charge before the Championships get underway from 13 January. Key features include exclusive live point-by-point scoring updates and completed match results along with main draw player profiles with the ability to select favourite players to receive player alerts and view their latest results, news, videos and photos.
Editor’s picks will be available daily along with a Player Watch segment that includes featured videos. Fans will be able to tweet messages of support to their favourite players directly from a player profile and send #ausopen tweets direct from the app.
Ausopen.com coverage can also be viewed on smart phones at m.ausopen.com.
To directly download the mobile apps for Android and iPhone go to: